Sunday, January 30, 2011

Kombi Van Flower Cake


I'm so excited, I got to make two birthday cakes in the last week. First was the Poptarts cake and a few day later I got to make this one, I'm not sure what to call it, a flower cake, kombi cake, hippie cake? This cake was for a family friend I've know since forever, Happy 18th Birthday Emily.


I was told Emily loves kombi vans and know that she loves all things tye dye, so thetas exactly what I decided to do with her cake. For the cake itself I made a rainbow orange butter cake with orange buttercream, the flavour choice was for purely selfish reasons (I wanted to eat the leftover frosting). I really wish I got a picture of the sliced cake, the swirly icing looked so cool with the coloured cake.


To give you an idea of what the inside of the cake looked like, this is it sliced in half before icing.


How cute is the little kombie van salt and pepper shaker set!

6 comments:

  1. The pink and orange blends so well. Super sweet cake! Lovely job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, looks amazing. Puts the flag cake I've just made to absolute shame!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, what a grand job! The cake is amazingly colorful and looks wonderful. I'm new to your blog and have just spent some time browsing through your earlier entries. I really like the food and recipes you feature here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks fantastic! And it's great that you even decorated the inside of the cake special. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderfully themed cake! Love the colourful inside too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The rainbow swirls look very cool and that is a super cute salt and pepper shaker.

    ReplyDelete