Sunday, March 11, 2012

Pretty Teal Ombre Cake

While I have done a number of rainbow cakes I have been dying to do a tall ombre Cake for a long time. When I was asked to do a teal ombre cake for a birthday recently I was over the moon, especially because teal is one of my favorite colours.
I couldn't be happier with the way the colours turned out, starting with one drop of Americolour turquoise colouring for the first layer and adding 2 extra drops to each following cake layer I was able to get a great colour gradation.
I used the same vanilla cake from my Lamington Cake back in January, double the mixture was a prefect amount to make five decent sized layers and took very well to the colouring. The cake was filled and frosted with white chocolate buttercream in light to dark teal mirroring the inside of the cake.
The beautiful setup was another from the talented girls at Enchanted Empire, a very big thanks to them for letting me use some of their photos.

7 comments:

  1. I've seen ombré nails so I love this! Utter brilliance!

    Nom! X

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is exquisite! The turquoise is amazingly beautiful. Love!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful! It looks super moist and delicious as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful! Job well done! You are so talented. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! It's a show stopper...nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and nicely done. I love the Americolor colours too, they're so easy to work with when you're doing graduated colours.

    ReplyDelete
  7. super beautiful!! i'm a teal/turquoise girl and this is an inspiration! thanks!!!

    xoxo, Rima
    http://www.bolubyrima.com

    ReplyDelete