For the zombie graveyard cake you'll need-
Pre-baked white cake- I used half of my favourite vanilla cake recipe.
Chocolate Cake mixture (recipe at end of post)
Chocolate buttercream (recipe at end of post)
1 packet chocolate biscuit fingers
1 packet Oreos (cream filling removed and cookies crushed)
Small amount of green, orange and grey fondant
Making the fondant toppers
To make the zombie arm roll out a small length of light green fondant and slightly flatten one end. Cut off the other end and gently insert a toothpick about halfway up the arm.
Cut four slices into the flattened fondant to form a hand, add on small details like finger nails and cuts and scrapes with a toothpick . Curve the fingers over something round and leave to dry out.
Brush the fondant hands with some cocoa and red luster dust for that real zombie skin look.
Making the Graveyard Cake
Cut bones out of white cake with a cookie cutter.
Arrange bones inside your prepared cake tin.
Bake cake according to recipe.Once the cake has cooled transfer to plate or cake board.
Arrange the zombie hands and tombstones on the top of the cake.
125 grams butter
1/2 cup caster sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/2 cups self raising flour
2 tablespoons cornflour
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
3/4 cup milk
- Grease 6 inch round cake pan and line the base with baking paper.
- Add butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla to bowl of electric mixer, beat until combined.
- Add the flours, cocoa and the milk and beat on medium speed until smooth and lighter in colour.
- Spread into prepared pan and bake for around 40 to 45 minutes or until a skewer into the middle comes out clean.
- Remove cake from oven, allow to cool 5 minutes before tuning out onto a wire rack. Cool top side up.
90 grams butter
1 1/2 cups icing sugar
2 tablespoons dark cocoa
2-3 tablespoons milk
- Beat the butter with mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add the icing sugar, cocoa and milk, beat until the icing is smooth and spreadable.