Sunday, December 23, 2012

Gingerbread Cottage 2012

I enjoyed making last years gingerbread house so much that I've decided to make it a yearly tradition, this time going a bit more cottage-y than my pretty in pink house from last Christmas.
 I just thought I'd share a few photos because I've run out of time for a tutorial. If you'd like to know more take a look at last years house, it has the recipe that I used for both this house and the other I've made and also a step by step building guide.
 I decorated my gingerbread cottage using royal icing and little sections of fondant, like the door and shutters. The roof is easily my favourite past of this house, the tiles are white chocolate drops/melts attached with royal icing. I went a little silly with the icing sugar snow, but love how it looks covering the roof tiles.

2 comments:

  1. This gingerbread cottage is charming! I love so many details, like the drifted snow, the greenery, the stone path and the "wooden" siding. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You’re so gifted on paper. God is really utilizing you in great ways. You are carrying out a superb work! It was an excellent blog!
    Tom Cruise Top Gun Leather Jacket

    ReplyDelete